1. Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Dry Ice Australia and its subsidiary companies value the privacy of individuals and are committed to safeguarding the information it receives in connection with our business activities. We will always handle the personal information you have supplied to us with great caution and care. Your information will be used to enable us to provide you a service, process and deliver your order or perform similar business functions.
This policy outlines how we collect, use and manage personal information about an individual or company. We may update or change this policy from time to time, including to take into account new or amended laws, new technology or changes to our operations. If we do so we will publish the updated policy on our website. All personal information held by us will be governed by our most recent updated policy.
2. Why We Collect Personal Information?
We collect personal information that is reasonably necessary to conduct our business activities. Generally, personal information will be used for dealing with: your contractual obligations to us; your requests and enquiries or our sales and marketing activities. We may collect and hold personal information so that we can:
- Identify you and conduct appropriate checks, including credit checks;
- Understand your requirements and provide you with a product or service;
- Set up, administer and manage our products and services and systems, including the management and administration of an account;
- Assess, investigate and process any instances of loss, theft or damage, arising out of the use or hire of our equipment;
- Recruit, manage, train and develop our employees and representatives;
- Manage complaints and disputes, and to report to dispute resolution bodies; and
- Get a better understanding or you, your needs and how you interact with us, so we can engage in product and service research, development and business strategy including managing the delivery of our services through the ways that we communicate with you.
Personal information collected will differ depending on the purpose of collection.
By sending emails, you will be providing us with certain personal information which may include your name and contact details. This information is collected by us for the purpose of dealing with your request. We may not be able to deal with your request without collecting this information from you.
When it is reasonable or practicable to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. For example, we may collect personal information from you in the following ways:
- When you provide us with personal information by telephone or email;
- When you access our website;
- When you complete a form; and
- During conversations between you and our representatives.
We may collect credit information about you from a third party such as a credit Report.
3. How will we Use and Disclose Personal Information?
We will generally use, collect, hold or disclose personal information about you for the purpose it was collected, including the following:
- To provide you with products and services and to send communications requested by you;
- To obtain credit history information about customers and potential customers;
- To tailor our communications to you;
- To send information about future events, promotions, regular email communications or newsletters (both electronic and hardcopy) outlining news, services, products or events;
- To conduct business processing functions;
- For our internal administrative, marketing and planning requirements;
- To compile and report statistics using de-identified information; and
- For purposes that are expressly permitted under any agreement with you.We may disclose your personal information to:
- Our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of: operating of our website; conducting our business activities; fulfilling requests by you; or to provide products and services to you;
- Suppliers and third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
- Other organisations for authorised purposes with your consent; and
- To debt collectors when payments are overdue.
We may share personal information with related companies or with contractors performing services for us. In these instances, we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that these organisations comply with this Policy.
We may use personal information for direct marketing or to advise an individual about new services and marketing initiatives that may be of interest to them.
These communications may be sent in various forms, such as mail, SMS, fax and email, and social media in accordance with applicable laws. By submitting your personal information to us, you consent to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. Any direct marketing material will include a notice allowing you to nominate if you do not wish to receive further direct marketing communications. You can also opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us in writing as detailed below.
4. Information Collected via our Website
To ensure we are meeting the needs and requirement of our website users, and to secure and develop our online services, we may collect information by various means including via system log files and cookies. Cookies are unique identification numbers that are placed on the browser of our website users. The cookies do not in themselves identify users personally, but are linked back to a database record about them.
When a user visits our site a cookie may be placed on their machine. Where a user has visited us before, the cookie may be read each time they re-visit the site. We do not use this technology to access any other personal information of a user in our records and a user cannot be personally identified from a cookie.
- The username you have used to access a secure area of our website which requires authentication by you;
- The address of the user’s server;
- A user’s top level domain (such as .com or .au);
- The date and time of a user’s visit;
- The pages a user accessed and downloaded;
- The search engine a user used;
- The type of browser that was used.
5. How We Store and Manage your Data?
The internet is an insecure medium and users should be aware that there are inherent risks transmitting information across the internet. Unencrypted information submitted via email or web forms may be at risk of being intercepted, read or modified.
From time to time, personal information may be held on or within internal and external systems including public and private clouds and we will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss, interference and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may also store your data in hard copy.
We will securely de-identify or dispose of personal information when we have no further need to use it, or when we are required by law to do so.
6. Email Security
Any emails you send may be automatically examined and filtered for unacceptable content which may result in your email or attachments being held for review. Our IT administrators may have access to your emails to authorise the content for security purposes only and not thereafter.